Learn how to set up your My Account with CRA
You can better manage your finances if you have up-to-date information. That is why I am encouraging all my clients to make sure they sign up for their “My Account” with CRA. It is fast and easy. You can watch the video on my site where I show you, step-by-step, how to to set up your My Account with CRA You will be happy you did, because once you sign up you can:
Knowledge is Power – Get it with your CRA My Account:
• Find out your RRSP limit, home buyer’s plan balance and Tax Free Savings balance
• Print off your notice of assessments going back to 2005
• See if any carryover amounts like tuition
• See if you owe any money, if you made installments how much, etc.
• Request information through sending CRA a message
• Check your child tax benefit payments and when they were paid
• Check your HST credits, disability credits working income tax benefits, Ontario trillium benefits, so if it says they mailed you a cheque and you didn’t get it, you can call and ask where they sent it to… maybe you didn’t change your address?
• Submit required documentation to CRA when there is a request for information from you. Simply scan it and submit it electronically via your account!
• Save yourself money because you can do all these things yourself and save yourself service fees
• MOST importantly – protect yourself and your money! There have been a lot of scams recently so if you receive a request that seems a little strange you can log into your account and review any letters sent to you from CRA through the view mail function to ensure that it is a legitimate request from CRA.
Extended Hours for Tax Season!
To make it more convenient to drop off your tax return files to our offices, we are offering extended hours:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays until 7pm
- Saturday March 11th and 25th from 10am to 2pm
- Mondays to Thursdays until 7pm
- Saturdays from 10am to 2pm
And, as always, you are free to drop your files through door slot anytime after hours. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office.
Happy Tax Season!
The KMPC team specializes in helping companies grow via strategic financial management practices. Since 1993, KMPC has been helping businesses in Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to reach and surpass their profit goals.
If you would like to speak to us regarding Business Accounting, financial retirement or tax planning, tax returns, bookkeeping or any of your other please contact us anytime – we’d love to chat with you.
KMPC– Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA 11 Stanley Ct, #13 Whitby, ON L1N 8P9 – Local: (905) 666-5071 – Email: email@example.com Web: https://kmpc.ca