Learn How to Set up Your CRA My Account – It’s Quick and Easy!
Kelly Melanson, CPA show you in this step-by-step video how to set up your own My Account with Canada Revenue Agency.
You can better manage your finances if you have up-to-date information. That is why I am encouraging all my clients to make sure they sign up for their “My Account” with CRA. It is fast and easy. You can watch the video on my site where I show you, step-by-step, how to to set up your My Account with CRA You will be happy you did, because once you sign up you can:
Knowledge is Power – Get it with your CRA My Account:
• Find out your RRSP limit, home buyer’s plan balance and Tax Free Savings balance
• Print off your notice of assessments going back to 2005
• See if any carryover amounts like tuition
• See if you owe any money, if you made installments how much, etc.
• Request information through sending CRA a message
• Check your child tax benefit payments and when they were paid
• Check your HST credits, disability credits working income tax benefits, Ontario trillium benefits, so if it says they mailed you a cheque and you didn’t get it, you can call and ask where they sent it to… maybe you didn’t change your address?
• Submit required documentation to CRA when there is a request for information from you. Simply scan it and submit it electronically via your account!
• Save yourself money because you can do all these things yourself and save yourself service fees
• MOST importantly – protect yourself and your money! There have been a lot of scams recently so if you receive a request that seems a little strange you can log into your account and review any letters sent to you from CRA through the view mail function to ensure that it is a legitimate request from CRA.
If you would like to speak to us regarding your tax planning, tax returns or any of your other accounting or financial planning needs, please contact us anytime – we’d love to chat with you.
Kelly Melanson Professional Corporation – Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA 11 Stanley Ct, #13 Whitby, ON L1N 8P9 – (905) 666-5071 Toll-free: 1-800-942-5558 – Email: email@example.com