In today’s vlog Kelly Melanson, CPA from www.kmpc.ca and Kourtney Thompson from www.newinitiativeshr.com discuss the impacts of Bill 148 and the recent updates regarding the issue of income sprinkling and other recently changed corporate taxation rules by CRA (Canada Revenue Agency). Here are some helpful links to provide information about the topics discussed today:
- What the proposed new income sprinkling rules mean for you and your business?
- CRA Decision To Review Disability Tax Credit Applications For People Living With Diabetes
Bill 148 – Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 passed on November 22, 2017
This legislation makes many changes to both the Employment Standards Act, 2000, the Labour Relations Act, 1995, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act, including raising the minimum wage and providing employees with:
- equal pay for equal work for casual, part-time, temporary and seasonal workers
- one week’s notice or pay in lieu of notice for employees of temporary help agencies if longer-term assignments end early
- fairer scheduling rules
- a minimum of three weeks’ vacation after five years with the same employer
- up to 10 individual days of leave and up to 15 weeks of leave, without the fear of losing their job when a worker or their child has experienced or is threatened with domestic or sexual violence
- expanded personal emergency leave in all workplaces
- unpaid leave to take care of a critically ill family member
For more in-depth information on issues addressed in Bill 148, click here
To find out more regarding the regulations surrounding the new Employment Standards Act poster click here.
To book an appointment with Kelly Melanson please contact her via her website.
To contact Kourtney Thompson please visit New Initiatives Human Resources Consulting.
Thank you for stopping by!
The KMPC team specializes in helping companies grow via strategic financial management practices. Since 1993, KMPC has been helping businesses in Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to reach and surpass their profit goals.
If you would like to speak to us regarding Business Accounting, financial retirement or tax planning, tax returns, bookkeeping or any of your other please contact us anytime – we’d love to chat with you.
KMPC– Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA 11 Stanley Ct, #13 Whitby, ON L1N 8P9 (905) 666-5071
Email: email@example.com Web: https://kmpc.ca