This month we have invited Mb2Online, a local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Web-Design company, to be a guest blogger on a topic that I often discuss with clients…
How To Be Competitive In The Digital Age
Small business owners are often hesitant to undertake a website project. Many don’t see the value in the effort and expenditure required to have a website. Those that do not embrace the power and cost effectiveness of creating a strong online presence in today’s digital marketplace are seriously hampering their ability to succeed going forward. All businesses need to understand why it is in their best interest to harness the revenue generating clout of the Internet! Not convinced yet? Here are some key reasons that may begin to convince you:
1)Canadians love to surf… According to Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA), Canadians are among the most engaged Internet users in the world. We spend more hours online (36.7 per month) than anyone else in the world, seeking out an average of 3,238 unique web pages per month.
2) Canucks are keen clickers… Canadians have enthusiastically embraced the Internet and have been quick adopters of online shopping. A recent estimate by Forrester Research has predicted that Canadians will spend $39 billion online by 2019 – that’s 9.5 percent of all retail purchases in Canada.
3) The majority of small business owners are snoozing… With statistics like these it’s hard to believe that only 41% of Canadian small businesses have a website (Canadian Internet Registration Authority 2014 Factbook). If Canadians are cruising around online and looking to buy, shouldn’t you be getting in on that action?
4) Times are changing… People are now using the Internet that way people used the phone book or Yellow Pages in the past. If you don’t have an online presence people won’t be able to find you!
5) A website gives you credibility… The overwhelming assumption is that businesses have websites because it’s the professional thing to do. In a competitive market, having a website is a critical asset in attracting new customers to your business and building trust.
6) A website is a cost-effective marketing tool… Getting found through search engines sends people through your doors. With your website potential customers can access information about your products and services 24 hours a day! With things like online question forms and newsletter sign up forms you can reach out directly to people who have already shown an interest in your business. Creating innovative loyalty programs is also a breeze when you have a website – your only limitation is your imagination! Online ad and social media campaigns allow you to zero in on your target audience at a fraction of the price of traditional marketing methods.
7) Your business can truly reflect you… Once you have a website people are able to hear directly from you and get a true reflection – people will know precisely what you do and how you do it! Your website provides a method of expressing your personality, your business philosophy, customer service practices – awareness like that brings people to your door faster!
8) Don’t lose out to your competition…The CIRA report states that actively use the Internet to research their purchases, but most are still committed to spending dollars in physical stores. Your website allows you to reach out and attract customers when they are still in their research phase. If people can find out about your sales, new product promotions and other in-store events they are more likely to shop at your store!
9) 24/7 access to customers… You can be available to customers precisely when they want to connect with you and it doesn’t require more staff wages or additional staff! Your website means you can profile your products, inform visitors with your interesting blogs (articles), collect data with online quizzes, build your e-mailing list, distribute coupons or information on upcoming sales… the possibilities for engaging visitors and connecting with them are endless!
10) You can pre-qualify leads… A website provides creative, economical and quickly customizable ways to interact with potential customers. It acts as your frontline sales department and helps visitors quickly find what they need and provides ways for them to further examine your value offerings. This process is a mechanism that filters visitors so potential customers can continue to pre-qualify themselves by utilizing the many tools on your site: online question forms, call now buttons, downloading coupons, signing up to your email list or conducting online purchases. These website tools shorten your sales funnel and deliver qualified leads, with little or no time required by you or your team!
Why not make 2019 the year you give your business a competitive online presence?
Thanks to Mb2 Online for contributing this month’s blog! We hope you found this topic helpful. If you would be interested in reading future guest blog topics, please let me know. The more knowledge we can share on topics that will boost your success the happier we are here at Kelly Melanson Professional Corporation.
Kelly Melanson, CPA, CMA is the founder and owner of Kelly Melanson Professional Corporation. She and her team specialize in helping companies grow via strategic financial management practices. Since 1993, Kelly Melanson, Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CMA) has been helping businesses in Whitby, Oshawa, Ajax, Durham Region and the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to reach and surpass their profit goals.
If you would like to speak to us regarding Business Accounting, financial retirement or tax planning, tax returns, bookkeeping or any of your other please contact us anytime – we’d love to chat with you.
Kelly Melanson Professional Corporation – Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA 11 Stanley Ct, #13 Whitby, ON L1N 8P9 – Local: (905) 666-5071 Toll-free: 1-800-942-5558 – Email: email@example.com Web: https://kmpc.ca